Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cream cheese butter cake..

Salam..


A few of my friends have been asking the recipes of the cakes.. and I'm more than glad to share them with all of you:) the biggest problem is I'm not a good keeper of my recipes.. hehe.. Sometimes I copied them down, sometimes I printed them out.. and to make things worse, I have about 4 chiffon recipes, a few choc cakes recipe and I couldn't make up which one has the best outcome! I need to have a better way to keep my recipe.. posting them here is a good idea..

As I'm still trying to find the recipes, I will post the ones that I've found.. so, this will be the first recipe.. cream cheese butter cake..

The first recipe that I came across can be found in this link Naz Rinn Chan. Then I came across another very similar recipe (which I'll post in this entry) but I couldn't remember the source of this recipe.. credits to both..:)
the 2nd recipe was really similar to the first one except for the ingredients.. the steps are exactly the same..

here is the 2nd recipe..

200gm butter
200gm cream cheese
250gm castor sugar
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
250gm multipurpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (sift together with the multipurpose flour)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

1. Mix butter & cream cheese until smooth & creamy
2. Add in sugar gradually
3. Add in egg yolk,one by one.
4. Add in the flour. Slow down the mixer speed, add in vanilla essence.
5. In a different bowl, beat the egg whites until it gets bubbly. Add in cream of tartar.
6. When it has reached its peak, take 1/3 of it and add into the mixture of cheese/butter. Fold in gently. Repeat again until finish.
7. Pour into a buttered and lined cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven 170 degree C for about an hour.

*what does stiff peak of egg whites mean?
It means that the egg whites are beaten to the extent that it gets fluffy.. when you scoop it & try to pour it, it won't pour/ it will hold a stiff peak.. it will takes about 15-20mins using the mixer to reach the peak.. don't overbeat..

It is a fairly simple recipe especially for the first-timers in baking and the outcome is nice.. my husband doesn't like fancy cakes, and he did enjoy eating this cake.. the taste was just nice.. good luck!

No comments: