Friday, March 19, 2010

Farewell For Friends

Salam..

About two weeks ago, I updated this blog with an entry reminding me about how hard it would be facing life when we have people depending on us.. Well, today will be a bit different.. First up, I will be sharing a little bit of our recent event with some of our friends who will be leaving this country in the near future, going back to Malaysia..

Last Wednesday - in fact, on Paddy's Day - our friend Kak Riza and Ustaz Wan held a lunch gathering specially for two families who, at present, are busy packing their luggage to go back home after finishing their studies here in Limerick University (UL).. They are Abg Zali-Kak Kin's and Hadi-Kak Aida's families..

Over the last 2 years of me and Ina living in Limerick, we have had the magnificent chance to get to know and befriend these lovely families.. In fact, when Abg Zali and Kak Kin were blessed with Hamdan, their fourth child, we were here too..

Abg Zali is in his final stages of completing his PhD in UL.. Kak Kin was a doctor in Kuantan, Pahang, before she took three years off to come to Ireland with her husband.. They are blessed with a daughter and three sons - Huda, Fawwaz, Nabhan and little Hamdan.. We will certainly miss this family when they leave us here..

Hadi is also just a few sentence away from completing his PhD, also in UL.. His wife, Kak Aida, was an English teacher (as what Ina told me, anyway) before leaving her career for a short while to come to Ireland.. They are blessed with three children - a boy and two girls.. Unfortunately for me, I can never remember their names, except vaguely the youngest one, Qistina.. Even so, I can't be certain.. Again, we will miss this lovely couple and their kids..

Pretty Faces

I have now developed some interest in portrait photography.. At the start of my so-called new interest in photography, I thought that having a DSLR would aid me in taking scenery pictures as I love great scenery.. But, alas, it was actually portrait photography that sticks with me at the moment.. I love capturing emotions which, undoubtedly, reveal more than just smiles and laughter, but also innocence and truth..

Now, why was I blabbering about my photography? Reason is simple.. At the recent lunch gathering, I managed to snap a few pictures, mainly as an everlasting memory of our friends, but on top of that, I managed to capture the innocent and pretty faces of the people there.. Hopefully, one day we can always look back at the pictures and remember the visuals of truthful friendship smiles and laughter, and the great innocence of the moment..

I am happy to share these with you..


Ustaz Wan (host) & Abg Zali


Hadi


Happy faces on stairs


Qistina


Nabhan


Huda, Hamdan & Fawwaz


With Hafiy

Salam..

No comments: