Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Life Goes On

Salam..

As you may have noticed, Ina has been the one updating this blog since my last entry sometime in September.. Indeed, much has happened since then.. In fact, much were of great significance that they mark dates and book memories..

Since my own last entry, we had an almost-three-week break in Malaysia, which in that period there, I bought myself a digital SLR camera.. A D90 more specifically.. Of course, within that three weeks as well, I lost the lens hood of the camera! Silly me.. But, it was a bargain and I enjoyed my new toy more every day..

While back there as well, we spent time in Pangkor Island with my family, in Ulu Yam with Ina's family.. To be honest, I never saw Ina's dad having so much fun in the river.. It was almost as if there was nothing bothering him.. Maybe I am wrong, but that was what I saw that day..

Within that break as well, I had made it clear that I wanted to spend some time with my grand-dad.. I had a twinge that Tok had gone down so much since I saw him last year.. He was not as energetic, his memory was bad.. But he still rode his motorcycle daily.. Indeed, I had a bad feeling..

I was not far off.. Tok died in Ipoh Hospital on 7th of November.. Needless to say, I was already back in Limerick, working.. I received a phone call from mom on Saturday 6th, telling me that Tok was very unwell.. He had been suffering with fever and abdominal pain since Wednesday/Thursday.. Pakcik Fakhri brought him to hospital and within the next 12 hours, he declined rapidly.. Mom had told me that all had agreed that he was for conservative treatment only.. He died the next day.. And I received the phone call 30 minutes into my 12-hour-long Saturday shift.. (I thank Rachel and Jason who gave me some time off that day to gather myself)

Last weekend, I received a call from Donald Grant, an old friend of Tok's.. He was Tok's boss at the time British was in Tanah Melayu, some time in 1940's.. They had quite some experience together - Tok leading his boss running away from the Japanese was the story that pops up every time! Also, Mr Grant's son, Roger, was born in Batu Gajah and my grandma had looked after him for a while as a baby..

May he rest in peace, among the people of Jannah..

Ina also had a new toy - a mega mixer! Yup, the one I call 'Transformers'.. It is a Kenwood mixer but has multiple attachment outputs that you can actually attach different other things.. Of course, each attachment is sold separately, like Transformers' gadgets! Hehe..

Well.. I have babbled a lot this time.. I should stop.. Till later..

Salam..

No comments: