Sunday, July 27, 2008

My new hobby: Baking!!

Salam..

Hi everyone.. I'm back again.. Have been quite some time since my last post.. Looks like we are taking turns in writing in this blog.. (hey,husband & wife must help each other anyway, right?;) )
Last week, I baked carrot cake.. If you have read the last post,my husband have make an entry about all the hassle of making an edible cake! Only in my third trial that the cake turned out fine.. not perfect yet,just fine..

My first ever baking experience was last year.. I tried to make a chiffon pandan cake.. It's taste great,but it just 'penyek'.. hehehe.. I guess baking a chiffon cake needs the special tray with the hole in the middle.. After the traumatic experience,I didn't bake anything afterwards until last week..

Although my 2nd trial was a failure as well,but I guess the support of my husband makes me want to bake again.. He bought me a silicon baking tray which was perfect for baking the 'bain marie'-style.. Thank you Abang!! It was a great baking tray,it's soft but it is strong,it's non-stick and it's very easy to take the cake out of the tray.. It's fabulous!! So,now I have a total of 3 baking trays (all of them have different features for baking different type of cakes)..


Last night,I baked for the 4th time - Marble chocolate cheese cake.. Special thanks to MamaFami & Hanieliza for their generosity of sharing so many recipes.. I love to surf their fotopages.. The recipe of this cake was taken from Hanieliza's fotopage.. Thanks again.. So,this is the final outcome of my experiment..





It is lovely!! Yeay.. Yummyyy..

This morning,we invited 2 of our 'single married' friends for breakfast.. I cooked 'nasi lemak' which is one of my most favourite dishes.. (I have hundreds of favourite dishes.. I like everything that is delicious.. hehe).. And of course the cake is served as the dessert.. After breakfast,off they went to play football,leaving me alone at home.. *sigh*

I better stop writing now.. have lots to do before weekend is over.. will write again soon!!

P/s: My special thanks to my dear husband who helped me a lot with the baking.. (who went to buy me the new baking tray,who bought all the ingredients all over again after my experiment turned into a total failure, who patiently helped me grating the carrot & entertained all my 'CKD' and didn't laugh when the cake flooded..) Love u so much!!

No comments: