Sunday, April 19, 2009

Excuses...

Salam...

I'm back again after a long silence.. busy, lazy and no exciting stories.. they're my excuses for not writing for a while..

Busy with work - as I'm the rotating SHO,I'm working in between 2 teams & this past week was the week of me changing team.. It's quite tough for me especially on the first day with the 'new' team as I need to learn about a whole new set of patients.. From the 1st day they were admitted including all the investigations they had.. and elderly patients are never simple cases.. and unfortunately for me,my first day with Dr Clinchs' team which was last Tuesday,was the day I was on call.. And as early as 10 o'clock,I've got a referral from A&E.. and adding to my misery, 3 of my patients in the wards were complicated cases - 2 with pyrexia of unknown origin & 1 with massive ascites complicated by oliguric renal failure (which we 1st thought she had acute urinary retention!).. I had to arrange urgent consults for all these patients.. and guess what,the 1st patient I admitted from A&E had a massive subdural haemorrhage! I'm so glad I survived this week.. Alhamdulillah.. I'm still trying to adapt to this team.. It's just way too different between these 2 teams.. and I have to admit it's not easy.. huhu..

Lazy - of the hectic life in the hospital,anytime I spent at home was just for relaxing.. I have no energy to do anything else.. and I left everything to the weekend.. And weekend seems too short!! I need a holiday..

Nothing exciting - I'm soooo depressed.. how do people fall on love with their work? how do people love working? hmmm... probably I just need a break.. I hope I will find the reason for me to love my work.. to find the reason I love going to the hospital.. I do love seeing people getting better..I love to inform them about their progress with their treatment.. I love to find answers to a mystery.. but I hate dealing with bureaucracy.. hate dealing with people with no sense.. hate the long working hours & hate to be on call.. hehehe... this is me,being miserable every Sunday evening,knowing that I need to be at work tomorrow..;p and my dear hubby will try everything he can to keep me smiling..

I pray may my life will be filled with love everyday.. all sorts of love of the goodness.. Ameen..

***
Congratulations to my dear sis on passing her written exam for the master programme!! Way to go,K.Sobah!!:) I know you would made it!
She is totally the opposite of me.. She is working as a doctor as well but she is really into her job.. although she did say she wanted a new career,but she did give her all to the master programme that she's taking:) with a busy job & 3 children,she strives hard for her exams.. unlike me,who is too lazy to even open a book;)
I wish her the very best for the clinical part this coming May.. May you'll pass with flying colours!!

No comments: