Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blogging..

Salam..

Today we broke our fast in the hospital as my dear hubby is working over this weekend.. I cooked chicken padprik with fried potatoes & egg and brought them over to the hospital.. it was actually a nice feeling going to the hospital neither as a doctor nor as a patient;p hehe..

There were 3 of us breaking fast together - me, my hubby and a colleague/friend.. we were having small conversations and we came to a short discussion about blog & blogging.. he asked us why do we write blog.. and I actually have a very long answer for him.. now my friend (you know who you're and I know you're reading this;)), I'm going to give you the reasons why I started blogging..

I don't remember exactly when I was 1st introduced to blogs but I do remember a few years back, when I was a medical student, I had a roommate who loves writing and owns a blog.. I probably knew about blogs way before that but she sparked my interest on reading blogs.. In her blogs, she put quite a number of links and somehow I ended up reading a blog written by a senior of mine from high school.. but sadly enough she passed away at a very young age in a car accident, leaving behind a son who was just a few months old at that time.. I was shocked by the news and I felt so sad and so sorry for her husband and her son.. Allah loves her more.. she passed away not long before I found her blog and her husband continued to write in her blog.. he wrote about their memories together and how he missed her dearly.. reading her blog from the start, she has documented her journey well.. and I know that someday, when her son grows up and learn to read, he will be able to know his mother through her writings... he will be able to read his mother's wishes for him.. he will know how much she loved him and how much she was loved and missed by her husband, families and friends.. and that's the beauty of writing..

We started this blog a year after we got married.. and my very 1st intention of writing this blog was no other than to write to myself.. I figured out that with documenting our journey together, I hope to live in the memories and to cherish the important moments in my life.. now and again I read my previous posts.. some of which I didn't even remember writing them! and I love reading my hubby's posts especially if it involves me in it;) hehe.. reading what he wrote about me makes me realise that he did notice the small things.. and the small things make things big! I would say reading them makes me fall in love all over again;) so I guess I can say it's a good therapy for married couples (at least it's true for me!)..;)

Another reason why I started to write is to express myself.. I can surely say that I'm not very good at expressing myself.. I like to keep things to myself.. and I think that a healthy way to deal with it is through writing.. it's not really in our culture to say 'I love you' to our parents everytime before we hang up the phone, or to our friends before we bid goodbye.. or to our spouse before we go to bed every night.. but we know that we love them and they love us too but we just don't say it.. why? I have no idea.. when I was little, my mum like to ask me, 'do you love mak (mum) or abah (dad)?' and my answer would always be 'I love mak & abah'.. and somehow as I grow up, the words are no longer mentioned.. I know action speaks louder than words but what harm can it do if we also say the words? So I guess my to go around it is to write.. I love all of you!!

So my friend, I hope you can find some answers in this post of why we started and continue to write in this blog.. as you can see, I didn't put any links or list of followers in this blog (although my dear hubby kept asking for it;p) and the reason is the same reason that I've mentioned earlier - I initially wrote this blog to myself.. but I'm more than happy to share my thoughts and my stories with all of you and as time goes by, we've put in a few posts dedicated to our readers.. I welcome all of you (with all my heart) to read this blog & to leave any comments.. and I'm honoured that I do have some readers:) thank you very much.. do visit this blog as you wish:) till we meet again in another post, insyaAllah..

No comments: