Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our first official open house for Aidilfitri..

Salam..

Alhamdulillah, we managed to host an open house yesterday (26/9/09).. it was actually a last minute plan.. as I've written in the previous post, we celebrated 1st day of Eid at Ustaz Wan's house only.. I wanted to have the feel of Eid, like I used to feel during my student years.. went from to house to house.. meeting old friends and making some new friends.. so I suggested to my hubby, why don't we host an open house and invite all our friends?.. but somehow I got the impression that he wasn't too keen on my idea (maybe I was wrong).. but probably because we only have Saturday free and he was going to finish work at Friday midnight.. probably he was worried that I would be left alone to prepare all the food..

So I discussed again with my dear hubby and he agreed on my plan.. and on Thursday, I began to send invitations to my dear friends.. I realised it would be on me alone to prepare all the dishes so I decided to cook something simple with less work needed to be done.. so on Friday morning, we went out to buy the groceries.. we went to Harun's shop to get the meat.. when I walked into his shop, the first thing that he told me was that somebody broke into his shop the night before.. poor him.. he lost all his sales from the day before & all of the calling cards that he left in his shop.. when I got there, the police haven't even come yet.. hopefully they will be able to catch the culprit..

So that evening, I started to cook.. I started early coz I knew that I needed quite some time to finish my cookings.. firstly, because I was cooking alone and secondly, I was trying out new recipes.. I started off with baking the cheesecake and making the rendang.. and the list went on.. when my dear hubby came back from work at 1 am, I was still cooking.. the next morning, I had everything on my table - pulut kuning, rendang, mee, kuah bandung, sup tulang, baked macaroni & cheese and cheesecake.. plus my raya cookies... Alhamdulillah, I managed to cook the main dishes in time.. my dear hubby woke up early that morning to clean up the house.. thanks abang!;)

When I first sent out the invitations (through text and facebook), not many people could come.. but on the day itself, many of our friends turned up at our open house.. it was a bless!! some of them I haven't seen for months and many of them came over to our (rented) house for the 1st time.. Alhamdulillah, it was a great day.. I would to thank all of them who came over to our open house (especially those who came a long way from waterford, galway, ballinasloe, cork & nenagh) - abg zali ( k.kin) & family, khaironi (k.azah) & family, asyik ( k.lin) & family, hafis (azraa) & family, fitri (k.yulia) & family, syieza, zai & husband (rifqee) , syakira & husband (fendi), ustaz wan & k riza, fairus & asma', jamilah & the gang, kay reen, fadzrul.. thank you very much!! it was our first official Aidifitri open house.. we didn't get the chance to do it before as we were busy working and we were in Malaysia for our first Eid together:) after all the guests left, we went over to Ustaz Wan's house (for 2nd time this Eid) as abg amin & family were there.. it was quite late & they couldn't come over to our house, so we went over to meet them instead.. we haven't seen them for over 2 years as they were in UK.. we got to meet so many friends in a day! yeay!! Alhamdulillah..




Today, we extended our 'eating activities' to abg zali & k.kin's house.. they hosted a birthday party (Huda is 7 years old now!) plus Eid open house.. we met new friends there.. now I know, Limerick is not that bad after all.. there are quite a number of Malaysians here.. it just that we don't get the chance to meet each other that much.. hopefully there'll be more gatherings to come, insyaAllah:) after the birthday party, saadah & the gang from Cork came over to our house.. we had a few hours of chit chatting & a quick evening tea before they went back to Cork..:) thank you to them as well for coming over to our house.. I am blessed with bliss of friendship!!


I better stop now.. need to get a good rest tonight.. I haven't clean up my house yet;p will do that tomorrow insyaAllah.. till we meet again in the next post..

No comments: