Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowy winter..

Salam,

Snow!!! everybody gets excited when it's snowing.. especially for people who rarely get snow like us in Ireland.. I like it when it's snowing although it'll be very cold before the snowfall.. but once it's snowing, it's not so cold anymore.. for me, snow actually makes the coldness well worth it..

It was snowing last night in Limerick.. we didn't realise it until this morning when my dear husband went out to the car.. no wonder it was freezing cold last night.. we had to turn on the electric heater on top of the central heating that was already functioning.. anyway, I love seeing the snow.. the view was magnificent.. everything turned white.. the downside is that we need to 'defrost' our car plus the roads are slippery.. please drive safely people.. also for the pedestrian, be extra careful.. winter is the time when the orthopedics and geriatrics get extra busy.. as people keep falling plus the rising number of road traffic accidents..

Well, lets see some pictures that I took this morning..

The slippery stairs..

The 'frozen' car.. it's actually not as cold as it looks like.. I wore slippers to go out and took this pictures and it wasn't too cold..

Getting ready to drive.. he had to wear gloves coz the steering wheel was ice cold! and we had to 'bath' this car with hot water to get rid of the ice.. see, cars also have to bath early in the morning!;p



That black space was our parking spot last night..

Even the 'lake' in front of our apartment was frozen.. actually there was a swan trying to swim at the time I took this pic.. poor swan.. hopefully the ice will melt soon..

In a way, I'm glad that my parents canceled their flight to come here this winter.. we won't be able to go anywhere in this snowy winter..

Yesterday, we did our last round of shopping before this Christmas.. My husband is working from today up to the new year without any break.. poor him.. hopefully it is not too busy in A&E.. people, go and enjoy the snow.. don't go to the hospital unless there's true emergency please! back to my story, it was crazy packed at the shopping centre yesterday.. the crescent shopping centre probably has more than 700 parking spaces.. and they're all full!! there were people who actually parked in the trolley lane! and we ended up parking at the side of the road.. I felt like it was exactly the same as the raya shopping back in Malaysia.. except it was freezing cold here plus lots of santa around!;) we didn't shop much for ourselves.. we bought a present for my husband's colleague as they're playing the 'Secret Santa'.. We also bought 2 serving bowls, a mini fountain (pottery fountain) and the groceries for 2 weeks' supply.. hopefully they're enough.. I can't stand the crowd and the queue to pay! my kitchen is full for now.. we actually don't have enough space to keep our food supply.. I felt like we're getting ready for world famine or something.. hehe..

I guess that's all for now.. till we meet again in the next post, InsyaAllah..

No comments: