Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bake, bake & bake.. :)

Salam..

I've baked a few cakes since last week.. I find that cooking & baking really helps when I'm stressed.. There have been matters that been running through my mind lately.. and i'm homesick as well.. huhu..

My dear husband bought me a cooking book a few months ago & he wrote in it 'desserts are stressed spelled backwards'.. and it's very true;) when I'm in the kitchen, I just indulge myself in cooking and it makes me feel good.. I can forget about my worries & stress.. just enjoy the smell & tastes of the food.. and of course serving them makes me feel even better.. and the best part,seeing people enjoying the food:)

Today,my friends came over from Cork.. I cooked nasi lemak & I baked pandan chiffon cake as specially requested by them.. this is not my first time baking the cake .. the 1st trial was a total disaster.. the 2nd was much better.. and this time,alhamdulillah.. it's not easy to get the right texture.. and after surfing the internet,I found the mistakes.. And I guess they are the common mistakes that people make.. I've learned a few steps that are important:
  1. don't use a non-stick chiffon cake mould.. and don't grease it..
  2. whipped the white eggs until it's stiff
  3. quickly invert the mould once taken out of the oven
  4. Don't remove the mould while the cake is still hot.
This is the outcome..

Last week I made chocopots.. found the recipe accidentally when I was searching the chocolate cake recipe.. It was originally from the famous Nigella Lawson.. I am not too crazy about these chocopots.. I prefer the chocolate cake:)


























and my dear husband made a dessert as well!! i don't know that's the real name of this dessert.. we just called it rice crispies choc:) the recipe was given by one of his consultants.. thanks for the recipe.. it was a very simple recipe yet it was delicious..

Two weeks ago I tried a new recipe.. the moist marble cake.. We brought it over to Mas Mahadi's house & met up with hanif & hilma.. their children really enjoyed the cake.. children are just cute! i sure will miss hadif.. I used to babysit him a few weeks last year.. he is just so cute & so well-behaved.. hanif & hilma has gone back to Malaysia for good.. I hope to meet them again some day,insyaAllah..

So,what do you think? should I open my own bakery?;p hehehe.. i'm far from that.. I just love baking in my own leisure time.. and i'm not creative;) i'm still searching for the next recipe to try.. will update soon..

P/s: we're both on holidays next week! hoorayy!!

No comments: