Monday, February 2, 2009

28

Salam..

Some of you may have been wondering where have I been over the last few entries.. Truth be told, not that I was 'escaping', but the such chores of daily life, including work, had been of the better part of priority.. Hence, blogging was re-scheduled and again re-scheduled..

28

Days had passed and so did weeks, months and then years.. And once again, the anniversary of life came to its day.. Most of the world's population may even know this day as 'birthday'.. The celebration of remembering how long have we lived in this planet, this world.. As for me, for some reason, it was another working day *sigh*

Not that I was hoping to take a break during this week, but certainly it was not a delightful way of celebrating the anniversary.. Nevertheless, despite that, it is as meaningful as every year and more so every year..

Every year, when one wishes me "Happy Birthday!", I look back to my life and ponder what have I achieved, what am I doing and what I want to achieve in the next year.. It all seem so New-Year-Resolution-like, but alas I don't make any resolutions on January 1st, but only on February 2nd.. And it is much more meaningful to see my accomplishments and failures as a measure of the meaning of life..

Looking back over the last one year, I saw a young man trying hard to be a dedicated servant of God, a loving husband, a good son, a caring brother, an efficient doctor, and an easy colleague to work with..

And after a year, it is hard to gauge how far have I achieved any of those.. But small signs mean a lot.. The great life Allah has blessed me with, a smile from my wife, a confidence trust from my mother, a gratitude note from my siblings, a thank you from my patient and a favor from a colleague.. It all adds up to the meaning of life - that I am worth something to somebody..

And looking forward to the next one year, not much of a resolution change : I want to be better! And I pray Allah gives me the strength to strive further forward..

Happy Birthday Me!

Salam..

No comments: