Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bake therapy...

Salam..

I've been at home since last week - thanks to my consultant & my team for their understanding & considerations,I got 2 weeks off.. it is nice to stay at home but coming into the 2nd week, I started to feel bored.. it's kind of weird.. never thought i'll be bored at home.. hehe;)

What did I do at home? - eat, watch movie, eat, cook, eat, surf Internet & eat and eat again.. I'm sure I've gained some weight now.. huhu.. I've tried to study a little bit but failed miserably.. hehe.. I think my brain has slowed a little bit..;p

To minimise my boredom, I decided to bake again.. I spent half of the day to pick up a recipe.. there are hundreds,if not thousands,of cake recipes in the internet.. and I actually got slight headache at the end of my recipe-hunting.. at last I shortlisted 3 recipes to try - chiffon cake, cheese buttercake & choc cake (again.. hehe).. Luckily I have all the ingredients in my kitchen.. except for castor sugar.. alamak.. spoiler.. well,probably it was a saver actually.. who will eat the cakes if I baked all 3 cakes?? hmm,good question..

so,in the end,I just baked the cream cheese buttercake.. as my husband isn't really into fancy cakes.. he asked for a plain cake before.. plain cake?! I really didn't have any idea at that time.. now i know,probably he meant for buttercake.. I think it is one of the most basic cake.. probably.. i took the recipe from the internet.. I found it on a few sites but I think the original recipe is from baby batrisyia (if i'm not mistaken).. It's really simple and the results, lovely fabulicious cake.. nice.. Alhamdulilah.. so,thanks for sharing the recipe..


If time permits,I'll try the other 2 recipes.. InsyaAllah..

No comments: