Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Moment To Step Up!

Salam..

I am back again, pretty much summarising my day.. Dear darling Ina has been asleep for the last one hour.. She seemed so tired today - she started off at 7am, of which I got into work myself, but I managed to squeeze a nap about half an hour before eight.. The good thing is, both of us managed to scramble out of the hospital and head home at the stroke of five.. This is rare given the 'ideal' combination of Geri-Renal!

Bumped And Broken

I got up after my nap in the doctors' residence or 'res' and headed down to meet with my registrar.. He came in with a bump in his head and his left arm in a posture so sore! Unfortunately for him, he fell off at home and when he came in he went to the casualty department only to be told he had fractured his left elbow.. Poor man! Worse, he was due to be oncall tonight, which meant the hospital had to hire a locum registrar to cover for him.. Eventually HR did find someone from Nenagh.. An old friend of mine, Naeem Ashraf..

As for me, it meant I had to cover the wards without a registrar! That was not good at all.. I was all over the place from accompanying a patient down for a kidney biopsy to coming back and forth to do small jobs around the place.. Alhamdulillah, the other registrar came to the rescue and helped in the wards.. Technically, he helped by making the decisions about the patients, so that I could keep the plan running..

After a long day running around, I managed to finish about 80% of my job.. I still have a few out-standing consults to follow-up on..

TV Stand On-Hold

I have tried to call the place where we bought the plasma screen to collect the TV stand.. Unfortunately, nobody ever answer the phone there.. Of course the did say they will call me when it is in stock, which would be around since 2 days ago.. So, if I don't follow this one up, I might never get the stand at all..

Again, no answer today.. So, here's the plan.. I will clean up the house tomorrow night.. Sleep early and drive Ina to work Saturday morning (she will be oncall from 9am Saturday to 9am Sunday) and the drive to pick up the TV stand.. I am sure it is already in stock.. Then I will come back home and install my home theatre system..

Okay, guys.. It is already 11pm and I am yawning like a hippo after afternoon bath! I need to sleep.. Tomorrow, I don't know whether we can get a locum to cover for my poor registrar.. If not, I am pretty much in the Screwed Valley!

Salam..

No comments: