Sunday, January 11, 2009

Unproductive..

Salam..

I am back again, filling this blog with, what seems to be, a daily journal rather than critical arguments and discussions of current topics around the scene.. Despite all that, I still manage to fill four to five paragraphs of absolutely nothing but rantings and 'day reports' of what I have done during the day..

Unproductive

As enthusiastic as I had been from my previous blog entry, I did not manage to squeeze all of them into the Saturday.. The most I did was clear some of the dishes and wash almost all of the clothes.. I still have a few more shirts and trousers to finish.. I hope to finish that before picking Ina from hospital tomorrow..

I had started off quite well this morning, sending Ina off to work, then straight to the parcel-collection office to pick the 'kerepek' that has arrived.. Unfortunately, the office was closed and all I found was it is only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.. Now, that's not good since both me and Ina are working and don't even think of leaving the hospital before 6pm! I had to find another solution, so I did.. I called a friend and he has agreed to pick the parcel for us next week.. That would be a great help.. I could then pick it up from him later next week..

Also, I did go to Curry's to pick up the TV stand that is now 3 weeks overdue.. To my surprise, it was closed when I got there.. I had thought it opens up to 7pm on Saturday, but I was proven wrong.. That means I have to go again tomorrow around 12 noon to pick it up again.. Of course, it would be more efficient if I could call first and ask whether the stand is in stock.. The last time I went there, still hasn't arrived.. Unfortunately, nobody seems to want to answer the phone despite me calling them up to 8 times this week at different times.. I may well lodge a complaint against them.. Again, my plasma screen needs to lie in the extra room for a little bit longer..

Remember The Titans

Possibly one of the best movies I have seen in my life.. Denzel Washington was spectacular in the movie.. Having said that, it was not the acting that glued me to the TV.. It was actually the morale and lesson conveyed by the movie itself.. Segregation in quite common anywhere in the world, but it has always been a matter of "know but don't say", especially in the Malaysian community.. This movie represents how a common similarity - football - crossed that separating line and became a glue to the community.. Maybe we all need to learn a bit or two from that movie..

Teen Titans : Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire and Robin

Oh, well.. Movies are movies.. Hollywood makes them, we see them.. That is how the movie world works.. I need to switch off.. I am tired and it is already past 2am.. Tomorrow (or this morning) I need to pick Ina early.. And I need to finish the house chores before Monday.. We will both be oncall!

Salam..

No comments: