Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ups And Downs..

Salam..

Again, I take this opportunity to rant further about my life.. Indeed, it seems that I have taken a turn to the worse - being more of a pessimist and complainer.. This is not the usual me, as I know it.. It also seems that the turbulent inside of me has taken a spike, for some reason less to my own clarity..

Maybe this is just the usual ups and downs of being human..

Being tested in the most physical of ways.. And no less the most spiritual of ways..

The ups to remember and be grateful to Allah..
The downs to remember and be patient facing His tests..

The TV Is HUGE!

Anyhow, there are a few ups in this physical world of mine, too.. For one, the 42-inch plasma TV is now up and running! Ina helped me assemble the TV stand (which we finally got!) and then tested the TV with our Sky and XBox 360.. I am fairly happy with the picture.. I must say, I do feel the extra (possibly, component-) cable attached to my XBox is there to give me the better picture than the basic audio-video cable.. I must find the way to connect them right!

The house is still in some degree of mess.. I have cleaned most of the dishes, folded almost all of the clothes (except the ones for ironing) but I have not vacuumed the floor or mopped them.. I didn't really ask Ina to help - she got home only at about 2pm despite she was due to finish work at 9am.. It was the usual post-call ward round..

She had her dinner - her usual Subway tuna sandwich - and now she is in bed.. She will be oncall again tomorrow.. Poor Ina..

Worried

I will not say much, but suffice to say I am still worried.. Ina appetite has majorly deteriorated over the last three weeks.. It started off with her woeful nausea, that she lost her appetite and not being able to eat much.. Since then, over the last one week or so, that has pretty much settled.. Her nausea is not as bad, but her appetite has not come back.. She still survives on sandwiches and bread and fruits.. I can't remember when she last touched some rice..

Alhamdulillah, her nausea has markedly improved.. But still, I am worried since her diet is not at the greatest.. I will not stop her from eating anything nutritious, no matter how small.. Her cravings for junk food also has decreased, so it seems.. That is a major relief! I just hope and pray her appetite for proper food will come back soon.. She has lost some weight from what I can see..

Anyhow, that is all for tonight.. For the obvious unexplained reason, I think today falls into the Down Day category.. I am not looking forward for tomorrow, not as yet, and not looking forward for oncall tomorrow either.. It gets worse - the Tuesday Mega Clinic awaits me post-call!

O Allah! Give me and my wife the strength to face tomorrow and the following days..
To be good and better servants, to be the pure and patient caliphs in this world..


Salam..

No comments: