Thursday, January 1, 2009

On To Nephrology, On To Geriatrics..

Salam..

Indeed, I have no excuse for my silence (or Ina's) for the dormant blog.. Had we charted a graph, we would see a massive drop of entries in November and December, just like the recession had struck the 'blog-economy'..

This is again the time of the year when doctors all around this country swap around and find new place to work, meaning other hospitals.. Few of our friends here in Limerick are moving around.. Bell, while still in Limerick, is going to the Maternity Hospital.. Rafidah is going to Bantry, Ashiq to Nenagh and the surgical interns (Fid, Wan, Faderi, Rayan, Shiqin and Sepose) are going back to Cork..

As for me and Ina, we are staying still in Limerick Regional.. I am swapping to the Renal team and I admit I know NOTHING about renal medicine.. This will be scary! Of course, good number of friends of mine have said that I will learn a lot in the rotation, but it will also be very busy.. As for Ina, she will be going back to Geriatric Medicine (Medicine for the Elderly).. She would probably go to rotating between Dr Clinch and Prof Lyons's team.. Indeed, this time she is one flight upstairs the building - she will take up her first SHO post.. It seems a bit ironic to be exclusively elated about being an SHO, but trust me, after the uncertainty of surgical job and then the 18-month long internship, I do believe this calls for a grace celebration..



Ina will be doing Geriatrics in January..








Christmas Shopping In Dublin

I am not writing long on this.. However, here are some of the things we bought during that weekend :
  • Heels for Erin and Intan, a pair each
  • A set of 76 pieces dinner cutlery set
  • A set of kitchen knives
  • Dema White set for Sepose - a gift for her making laksa for Ina, and..
42-inch LG full HD 1080p 100Hz plasma flat screen
+
the half-price black Serrano TV stand
+
5.1 Samsung DVD Home Cinema System!

We are so bold!

Just to dampen the excitement, all these have not been put together yet.. Between on-call and just plain tired and lazy, the tv is still lying in the extra room.. Fear not, soon it will be in the centre of our living room..

Well, that is all for now.. I will keep you posted for updates.. Either way, I am on-call again this weekend with half of the team a new batch of doctors starting in the hospital..

Salam..

No comments: