Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Looking Forward To Bank Holiday Weekend

Salam..

Nothing much has happened in the last few days, but certainly nothing less than interesting despite that anyway.. Of course, everyday is a wonderful day and every day brings another challenge and another new experience, whether it be in my career, my social life or from my own evaluation and criticism of my own readings..

However, I must say, I am indeed looking forward for the upcoming weekend.. For some it will just be another weekend, but for us here in Ireland, this weekend will be a long one.. It will be the Bank Holiday weekend.. Of course, not many (especially of people outside Ireland and the UK) know why it is termed 'Bank Holiday'.. As it stands, it is actually a public holiday.. The term 'Bank Holiday' is traditionally used as historically the Bank of England observed 33 saints' days and religious days as public holidays.. But after 1834, the number was decreased to just four public holidays.. Just by history, the term 'Bank Holiday' is kept until today, and has absolutely nothing to do with a bank itself.. So, because of that, Monday will be an off day for me and Ina.. Of course, whoever is oncall will be working, but a double hourly rate pay awaits as compensation for working on a public holiday..

As for the two of us, we might plan to spend the weekend in Cork.. We have never really spend any proper time in Cork other than visiting Erin previously.. Although, we have been to Cobh, Fota Island and Kinsale.. Maybe we will stroll around the city this time if weather permits..

Roisin Tying The Matrimonial Knot

The other reason for me being a little bit more excited about the weekend is because a good friend of mine, Roisin Dempsey, who worked with me in Palliative Care recently, will be tying the knot with his beloved fiance, Mike.. I met with Roisin recently and she invited me and Ina to her wedding reception on Saturday.. I have never been to an Irish wedding, so this might be the chance to experience one.. I am sure Mike, who is a garda (policeman) anyway, is a lucky man to have Roisin in his life..


I am so happy for both of them.. Abundant of congratulations and I wish them well.. I will take some pictures and post it in here later afterwards..

Well, I think I will keep this entry really really short.. Ina is oncall tonight so I am actually alone at home.. I should go to bed now or I might be late for work tomorrow.. My 'alarm clock' (Ina) is not home.. *sigh*

Till next time.. Wassalam..

No comments: