Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blissful Wedding Bells For Mike And Roisin..

Salam..

Just dropping by for a quick note.. As I told you earlier in the previous entry, I was exceptionally eager awaiting for this bank holiday weekend, purely because of the extended long-overdue break from hospital environment and to attend my first ever Irish wedding reception.. Yes, my lovely colleague Roisin's wedding..

Congratulations To Mike And Roisin!

Ina was oncall on Friday, only arriving home on Saturday morning.. I had thought of Roisin's wedding all day - how it would get on yesterday - as the weather was (unsurprisingly for autumn/winter) horrible.. It rained all day from the first sight of light to the arrival of night dark cloak! I did wish it all would go extremely well for my good friend though, regardless of the outside weather..

We arrived at the reception at Charleville Park Hotel, about 30km outside Limerick, about 8.30pm.. We didn't have any invitation card, so we were in a way, slightly clueless as to where to go.. Luckily for us, Roisin's dad saw us and invited and guided me in, straight to see Roisin.. I had met Roisin's dad a week before when he was having tea with Roisin in the hospital canteen..

Roisin was beautiful.. I thought she might have lost some weight between June (when I last worked with her) and last night.. She was glittering with joy.. She wore a pearl white corset wedding gown with multiple small glittering pearls.. She had a pearl necklace around her neck.. Mike wore the traditional Irish wedding shirt and tails, with yellow neck tie.. It was my first time meeting Mike, despite Roisin spoke of him a lot when we worked together in Milford..

We grabbed some Coke and we were noticed by Ruth Moloney from a nearby 'Doctor Who' table.. We joined her at the table, with Tom Kennedy, Catherine Peters, Eibhlish Ahern and Evelyn Kearns.. All of these people I knew quite well from the hospital scene.. There were other few that I barely knew - Omar (Orthopaedic registrar) and another surgical SHO, who came with Eibhlish..

We were lucky to arrive just about the time before the couple's first dance.. I did not actually recognise the song, but the couple obviously did.. The song was gorgeous and the dance was indeed so romantic..

Roisin and Mike's first dance

More Dance Afterwards


Of course, the usual culture would be more dance and this time the floor was for the guests to roam with the newly-weds.. The band played lovely songs to heat up the ceremony, although we might have been sitting to close to the speaker..

Unfortunately for us, we were spotted by Ev, who was by the way gorgeously dressed, and she had 'forced' us to take the floor and dance.. After much resistance and a lot of tugging, I gave in and took Ina's hand to dance - our own first dance! Never thought of that one! Ev got a snap and she will email me the picture later..

Wishing The Best Of Days Ahead For You Both

Unfortunately for us, we had plans to go to Cork Sunday morning, so staying back late was not a great luxury for us to have.. We went to find Roisin in the midst of the crowd and managed to catch both Mike and Roisin.. I congratulated Mike and Roisin and introduced Ina to them.. Mike thanked me for coming over and told me Roisin spoke highly of me..

"Oh, you are the Shaz Roisin has been talking about..
I heard a lot about you.. Truly honoured to meet you
!"

I was lucky to have such a nice colleague in the first place.. Yes, Roisin and I got along very well at work..

I had hoped to get a picture of us and the new couple, but it ended up with Mike taking the snap of us with Roisin - after Roisin's suggestion..

With Mrs Roisin Dempsey-McMahon

Overall, I felt it was an honour to be given the chance to attend an Irish wedding, more so the wedding of one of my best colleagues here in Limerick.. It was a cultural exposure to me.. Yes, and Ina and I had our first dance too - thanks to Ev!

I wish the best of journeys to Roisin and Mike.. I thank you both for having us as guests.. I would also like congratulate Mike's and Roisin's family for the event held brilliantly..

Best wishes.. Salam..

No comments: