Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thinking of You, Always..



My Bubbly Wife
Recently I heard this lovely song.. On the tele and on the radio.. Very simple indeed is the song, but the lyrics touched me.. It's a song by a new artiste by the name of Colbie Caillat.. She's 22 and she's Californian..

Enough about her.. I dedicate this song for my lovely wife, Ina, with my heartful message.. Thinking of you, always..

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feelin' like a child now

'Cause every time I see your bubbly face

I get the tinglees in a silly place

The simple start of the song, unattached to the insanity of the world and chaotic arguments of the people, is just the best way to describe how I feel every morning when I wake up with my wife by my side.. Whether she's still asleep or already awoken when I open my eyes, it does not matter at all.. The freshness of the morning and the calmness of the environment do make me feel that indeed I am in a bubble.. A bubble that has nothing in it except the two of us and filled with lots of love.. A smile and that just makes my day..

It starts in my toes
And I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

I may not necessarily get the tinkles, but the feeling is rather difficult to describe in words.. I guess I may never be able to describe.. Maybe that's what people name 'LOVE'.. All in all, yes, it is love that I am feeling all the time.. The sense of completeness, the feeling of complemented by another soul bound by the knots of faith and trust and care for each other.. It'd be almost contradictory of my own words and feelings if I suggest to just stay for a while now.. I'd love it if she stays with me forever.. Words can never describe the length as we are all subjected to the uncertainty of the future, the unknowns of death and the unpredictability of the human changes - be it physical, mental or emotional.. But what we have is the oneness of our love and the truthful prayer from our hearts that Allah will remain us with each other, and insya-Allah, until the day of judgment and then in Jannah..

The rain is fallin' in my window pane
But we are hidin' in a safer place
Under the covers stayin' safe and warm
You gave me feelings that I adore What am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way
I just, "Mmm.."

Rain.. So many artistes have used this somewhat 'coldly welcomed' weather phenomenon as a soothing, cleansing or even calming expression.. Contrary to the Irish popularity 'vote', rain is not what is usually welcomed in this country.. Recently it brought flood in Newcastle West and indeed in Santry, Dublin.. But why still artistes keep using RAIN? November Rain (Guns 'n Roses), Dancing in the Rain (Hansons), Singing in the Rain (Frank Sinatra) just to name a few.. Even more put RAIN in the lyrics but not the title..

Maybe the explanation is simple.. Environmentally, the rain 'washes' away the impurities in the air - dust, smog and smoke from pollution - and also freshens the air up.. The sweet smell of air after rain is just soothing.. Sentimentally, rain washes the impurities of the heart.. Every drop of the rain is likened to the drops of Heaven and cleanses the fiery anger of the heart, the turbulent of the sole - just by being RAIN..

And my wife is no less than the soothing rain of my life.. Cools me down when I'm angry, softens my turbulents just by being herself.. And with her I 'hide' in a place where our struggles of the day are untangled and straightened.. And her presence is the warmth I badly need each day.. There's absolutely everything to say about my wife, but at the same time, there's actually no word to describe what she is.. All these words are just...her shadows.. It's no wonder, even Colbie just describes what she says as "Mmm.."

I've been asleep for awhile now
You tucked me in just like a child now
'Cause everytime you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel you warmth

Closure of every night is complete with her by my side.. It has been 15 months and still there's admirably more to come.. My feelings for her grow by the day.. It is not a secret at all.. In fact, I'm proud to scream it to the world how much I love my wife.. The comfort is there for me.. Pride and humble intertwined like a bouquet of flowers perfectly matched in a garden..

It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feeling shows
'Cause you make me smile
Baby, just take your time now
Holdin' me tight..

I dedicate this song to my wife, Ina - you make my life complete, you make my life wonderful.. I may not say these words enough :

I love you forever, and always..

No comments: